With an incredible history, a melting pot of races and incredible wildlife South Africa offers visitors so much. Glide to the top of Table Mountain in a cable car and gaze at Cape Town below; indulge your taste buds at one of over 200 wine cellars; spot the tail of a humpback whale; visit Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned; cycle down to the Cape of Good Hope from the top of a hill; hike the wild coast or relax on a ‘spa-fari’, and that’s just for starters – the choice is yours!
Our top reasons for visiting the ‘Rainbow Nation’:
- A climate that makes South Africa an excellent year round destination.
- Spectacular scenery of Table Mountain
- The Garden Route, along the coast from Mossel Bay to Port Elizabeth.
- Majestic Ukhahlamba – Drakensberg National Park.
- Kruger National Park, Shamwari Private Game Reserve, Madikwe Game Reserve – some of the best game viewing in the world with affordable accommodation at the South Africa National Parks (SAN Parks) properties, from rondavels to family chalets.
- The rich history – the Zulu Battlefields of Rorke’s Drift to Robben Island once a symbol of oppression, now one of hope.
- Affordable restaurants, nightlife and shopping.